Please take note that Sunday obligation to attend Mass is still suspended. You may choose to attend Mass on a weekday.
Mass is celebrated on Mondays, Thursdays and Friday. If there is a funeral on these days, the funeral Mass is not open to the public.
For the safety of all in St. Joseph’s Church, we ask that each person take responsibility for their behaviour in line with HSE directives.
We thank the Volunteer stewards who will be in place at public Masses and you are asked to follow their directions. We would also like to thank the staff, and the team of volunteers at weekends, who so willingly sanitize the Church after each service, for the safety of all who worship here in St. Joseph’s Church.
- Please ensure social distancing at all times
- Please sanitize your hands as you enter and leave the church
- Remember that there is a maximum number permitted in the church for services and stewards will monitor this number and close the doors accordingly – You might, for example, need to book for a Month’s Mind Mass on a Sunday so as not to exceed the numbers.
- It is mandatory to wear a face covering in church
- There will be one reader and NO procession of gifts for the Offertory
- There is NO sharing of the Sign of Peace.
- Holy Communion will be given ONLY in the hand and NOT on the tongue
- Please go up the centre aisle observing social distance and return to your seat by the side aisles.
- Only a cantor will be permitted to sing at a distance from the congregation – there will be no congregational singing
- There should be no congregating outside the church doors or in the grounds
- We request that you ensure that children are kept close to parents/guardians at all times and not permitted to move freely around the church.
Please take care when lighting a candle at any of the shrines as the sanitising solutions may be inflammable